Endowed Chairs and Professorships
Bauhaus Endowed Professorship
ABOUT THE DONOR
This endowment was established by the School of Industrial and Graphic Design to honor an outstanding faculty member.
The Bauhaus professorship is named in honor of the Bauhaus, a German art school operational from 1919 to 1933 that combined crafts and the fine arts. The school became famous for its approach to design, which attempted to unify the principles of mass production with individual artistic vision and strove to combine aesthetics with everyday function. The Bauhaus movement had a profound influence upon subsequent developments in art, architecture, graphic design, interior design, industrial design, and typography.