CADC Welcomes Newest Fellows  

CADC Welcomes Newest Fellows  

Apr 22nd, 2019

The College of Architecture, Design and Construction (CADC) held its 9th Annual CADC Fellows Luncheon at the Biggin-Woltosz House (BWH) at 430 N. College Street, Auburn on Wednesday 17 April 2019. The BWH was donated to the School of Architecture, Planning and Landscape Architecture (APLA) by Walter and Ginger Woltosz. It was originally built by Fredrick Child Biggin, first Dean of the School of Architecture and Applied Arts at Auburn in 1927 and whose namesake on campus is Biggin Hall (built in 1951). This is the first event of its type to be presented by CADC /APLA in the BWH.

The CADC Fellows are made up of those currently employed or retired from the CADC that have completed 25 years or more of service to Auburn University. All CADC Fellows are invited to attend and special recognition is paid to those who are retiring by the presentation of a framed certificate indicating their length of service. Dean of the CADC, Vini Nathan, and Dean of the CADC Fellows, William “Bill” Gwin, (determined by longevity based on hire date and attending the meeting) presented framed retirement certificates to Professor Ross Heck and CADC Development Officer Dara Hosey.

Upon adjournment of the luncheon CADC Fellow Sherri Schumacher provided a tour of her mid-century modern home, built in 1951, located in Cary Woods at as short distance from the BWH.

CADC would like to welcome its newest Fellows and thank each of them for their dedication.